Orthodontics - Correction of malocclusion
The orthodontics is the part of dentistry that concentrates on the prevention, identification and treatments of maldevelopments of jaw and teeth. This is really important to avoid any long-term damage. We work with holistic therapy methods - that means we search for the cause of the dysplasia to treat the problem highly accurately. Regulation of dento-maxillary anomalies usually without removal of permanent teeth, Naturopathic supplementary treatment, Crozat appliances, invisible from the outside, for children and adults, Certificate "Holistic Orthodontics".
Orthodontics for Kids
Why do orthodontists treat children, teenagers and adults nowadays? The first argument we think of is beauty and aesthetics - we want to give our children the gift of having straight and beautiful teeth. There are other reasons which only come as a second thought but which are equally important.
What is the easiest way to correct the dental arch?
"Holistic Orthodontics" tries to determine an undesirable development at its earliest stage and to treat its cause. Anomalies which are treated too late often need conservative treatments bringing along more side-effects and unnecessarily exposing the patient to additional strain.
We take these interconnections into account when it comes to diagnosis and therapy. This is our way of guiding you gently to a sustainable result: a harmonious and beautiful dental arch and a normal occlusion.
There are other reasons which only come as a second thought but which are equally important:
- Teeth in a wrong position, at angles or crooked cannot easily withstand the strain they are subjected to in their long lives. Teeth standing straight in the right position can pass the mastication pressure more easily onto the jaw bone and remain intact for longer.
- Crowded teeth and interdental spaces are more susceptible to decay and gum disease than a harmonious dental arch.
What do our appliances look like?
- The Bionator is a removable basic appliance, which enables us to correct most dental displacements.
- The Crozat appliance stands out with its high effectiveness and is very comfortable to wear. It is almost invisible and leaves convenient space for tong, lips and cheeks for unhampered speaking
- Minor displacements can be treated with our removable colored bite plates.
Our treatment concept is a tooth- and tissue-friendly way to give you and your children healthy and beautiful teeth.
Causes for maldevelopment may be:
- allergies of the respiratory passages resulting in obstructed nasal breathing
- tensions and cramps in jaw and neck muscles
- postural problems of the spine
- premature loss of primary teeth caused by decay
- lymphatic stasis in head and neck tissue caused by frequent infections and allergic reactions.
Cooperation with ENT specialists, orthopedists, allergists and physiotherapists is therefore significant. It is followed up by a consultation on nutrition, posture and muscle and breathing exercise. We take these interconnections into account when it comes to diagnosis and therapy. This is our way of guiding you gently to a sustainable result: a harmonious and beautiful dental arch and a normal occlusion.
Mrs. Dr. Hager during a treatment
For further questions please get in contact with us via our contact form or simply give us a call.Make an appointment
Orthodontics for Adults
Adults, too, wish for beautiful and straight teeth. Sometimes earlier treatments were not successful or the issue was neglected in teenage years; the result may be disagreeable dislocations.
We can offer effective methods to achieve excellent results even for adults in just a short time. To this end we combine the methods of orthodontics and aesthetic dentistry.
Veneers, for example, may not only be used in making unattractive front teeth more appealing, we also use them to optically correct dental displacements. Especially for adults we preferably use orthodontic appliances which are removable and not visible from outside.
These might be the Crozat appliance (Picture below, left) or the bite plate (Picture below, centered). In most cases we can do without fixed and aesthetically bothersome appliances and you will not experience significant impairment in your every-day life.
If you have problems with your jaw joint or harmful dysfunctions like teeth grinding you will find a Bionator (Picture below, right) treatment helpful. This method also yields good results in snoring therapy.
Mrs. Dr. Hager during a treatment
For further questions please get in contact with us via our contact form or simply give us a call.Contact us